I’ve just finished up More on the Probate Materials on Ancestry.com (order here).
I really enjoyed giving my first presentation on the probate materials on Ancestry.com and learned a lot doing it. Now that I’ve had time to get into the materials more deeply and have had questions from attendees, viewers, and blog readers, we continued our discussion and discovery with “US Probate Materials on Ancestry.com Part II.”
Part 2 will cover:
- Searching the unindexed probate materials at Ancestry.com–remember that the index on Ancestry.com only scratches the surface of what is on the site
- Navigating the several search boxes and inventory interfaces
- Making certain you have gotten all the probate references for your person of interest that are on Ancestry.com
- Determining what additional may be on microfilm at FamilySearchand onsite at the courthouse
- Comparing Ancestry.com‘s coverage with that on FamilySearch. Ancestry.com does not have all FamilySearch microfilm on their website.
- And more–based upon your questions.
- Discussion will partially be via several examples
The medial file for the presentation and the handout is available for $8–download is immediate.