The “Probate Records on Ancestry.com” presentation will be held again on 3 October at 10:00 central time. The presentation on the recently released probate records database on Ancestry.com will include:
- determining what is in the database
- search techniques and strategies
- limitations of the records
- limitations of the search interface
- interacting with images
Learn how to make effective use of this large database. Michael has thirty years of research experience using probate records. If you register and cannot attend–you will be sent a complimentary download link afterwards. Presentation includes handout.
The “Probate Records on Ancestry.com Part 2” presentation will be held again on 3 October at noon central time. The presentation on the recently released probate records database on Ancestry.com will include:
- Searching the unindexed probate materials at Ancestry.com–remember that the index on Ancestry.com only scratches the surface of what is on the site
- Navigating the several search boxes and inventory interfaces
- Making certain you have gotten all the probate references for your person of interest that are on Ancestry.com
- Determining what additional may be on microfilm at FamilySearchand onsite at the courthouse
- Dealing with images that can’t be saved to an individual or to your shoebox
- Comparing Ancestry.com‘s coverage with that on FamilySearch. Ancestry.com does not have all FamilySearch microfilm on their website.
- And more–based upon your questions.
- Discussion will partially be via several examples
Preserving Past You on 3 October 2015-Saturday–2 PM Central Time.
In this session, we’ll see ways to preserve your genealogical legacy beyond your own lifetime. We will look at a variety of options, large and small, digital and non-digital, simple and not-so-simple, and more. Prioritizing what to save will be an integral part of this presentation. We will see why preserving is more than a simple clause in your will and ways you can immediately start preserving some of what you have immediately. If you registered for the session of this that had to be rescheduled, you will receive an attendance link at no charge. Those who need to register can do so here.