I’ve been returned to the AncestryDNA Circle for two of my great-grandparents, Riley and Nancy Jane (Newman) Rampley. I’m not certain why I was ever removed, but it’s good to be a part of the family once again.
I’m now in ten circles as of this writing:
- Christianna (DeMoss) Rampley (born in the early 1770s probably in Harford County, Maryland.
- Hinrich Janssen Ufkes (born 1797 Ostfriesland, Germany) and the circle for his wife Trientje Eilts (Post) Ufkes(born 1803 Wiesens, Ostfriesland, Germany)
- Riley Rampley (born 1835 Coshocton County, Ohio) and the circle for his wife Nancy Jane (Newman) Rampley(born 1846 Rush County, Indiana)
- Johann Friederichs Hinrichs Ufkes (born 1838 Wiesens, Ostfriesland, Germany)
- Johann Luken Jurgens Ehmen Goldenstein (born 1814 Wrisse, Ostfriesland, Germany and his wife Tjade Anna Focken (Tammen) Goldenstein (born 1824 Buhren, Ostfriesland, Germany)
- Augusta Newman (died 1861 White County, Indiana)–new
- Noentje Lena (Grass) Ufkes (born 1848 Backemoor, Ostfriesland, Germany)–new
I’ve been in the circle for Noentje’s husband (Johann F. H. Ufkes) for some time, but her circle is new.
The circle for Augusta Newman is totally new. The addition of this circle is likely because I added him to the tree I have associated with my AncestryDNA results. My associated tree originally lacked several paternal ancestors whose names I knew but simply did not have in my tree. I expect to be included in more circles as I add more known names that are missing from my associated tree.
As a reminder, the circles at AncestryDNA as of this point in time only include people who have trees associated with their DNA submission. The circles only go back six generations of ancestry from the submitter–no matter how far back your tree goes.
As stated, the circles are still in a state of flux. A known descendant of the Ufkes-Grass marriage (who has both of them in her tree) is in the circle for Ufkes but not the circle for Grass. It is possible that she does not share any DNA with others of us in the circle for Noentje Grass. How probable that is is questionable. There are three of us currently in the circle for Noentje–two of us are great-great-grandchildren and the other is a great-great-great-grandchild. The “missing” descendant is a great-granddaughter.
Users can now see on the “member match page” what circles you and that match are in.