Please try the following:
The ancestors you are looking for are currently unavailable. They may be hiding in offline resources which will require you to contact repositories via more archaic methods. If they are dead, rest assured they are not creating more descendants.
- Click the surname change button, or try again later.
- If you are listed in the Social Security Death Index, please check your pulse and confer with a doctor.
- If you descend from one of three brothers who landed on the East Coast in a barrel with 2 cents to his name contact banks in the region where he landed to collect the inheritance.
- It may be possible to contact your ancestors via a psychic. Digital cameras will not typically record pictures of ancestral visions so a tape recorder will be necessary to record your interpretations.
- If your ancestor was involved in covert operations you may wish to contact the CIA or FBI in order to locate them.
- Some ancestors were deposited on Earth by UFOs. Please check passenger lists for UFOs which are not housed anywhere on Earth.
- If you are trying to prove descent from Adam and Eve, please consult appropriate bibliographic references and make certain you have your fig leaf in the right place.
- Descent from Charlemagne can be proven by having all your crowns in a row. Prince Charles may be able to assist you.
- If you descend from an Indian Princess, keep looking for your Prince (or the ancestor formerly known as Prince, take your pick)
Your family tree may have tree rot. Check with your local nursery for appropriate treatment.
5 thoughts on “These Ancestors Cannot Be Displayed”
Susan M Masse says:
I worked as a reference person in a genealogy library and was contacted by phone by an elderly woman in another state. I took her information about her deceased relative, looked in all the relevant material we had…and found nothing. I called her back to report. She said she had exhausted every resource and was just out of options. I laughingly suggested that there was a psychic in our town, and she immediately asked for the contact info! I did manage to dissuade her and pointed out that hiring a professional genealogist would be a much better use of her money. I have always hoped that was what she did.
I think this one is mine. And I don’t think they landed, just pushed him out as they flew over. Some ancestors were deposited on Earth by UFOs. Please check passenger lists for UFOs which are not housed anywhere on Earth.
For a while I suspected my ancestor was the reason for the witness protection program. Now I think it was his father who was the reason for that program! I wish the old ladies who had spent a gazillion dollars looking for him could have been alive when I found his father. I wonder if I will be alive when someone finds the paper proof to the man I suspect is our brick wall.
Jeanette R Rosenberg says:
Gosh this looks familiar! – Genealogist Steve Morse has had very similar text on his one step website for many years https://stevemorse.org/grandfather/
Great minds think alike 😉 It was actually posted originally on my other blog some time ago–back when Internet Explorer was all the rage 😉