- in 1865 Anne Murphy married Samuel Neill in St. John, New Brunswick. Civil and religious copies of the marriage record have been located. Research on the bondsman (Edward Durbin) is incomplete at this point and it is not known if he is related to either Samuel or Anne. There is no information on Anne’s origins in either of the marriage records.
- 1870 census (St. Alban’s Township, Hancock County, Illinois) indicated she was an Irish native aged 24.
- 1880 census (St. Alban’s Township, Hancock County, Illinois) indicated she was an Irish native aged 35.
- Anne’s 1890 era death certificate only indicated she was born in Ireland with an age consistent with her census.
- Apparently none of Anne’s Murphy relatives came to Hancock County, Illinois. She and her husband apparently moved to Hancock County, Illinois, because her sister-in-law, Annie (Brice) Neill already had Irish relatives who had settled in the area.
The conclusion is that Anne was born around 1845 in Ireland. At this point, it has been decided to research the bondsman on the marriage further.