Now I’m up to fourteen circles at AncestryDNA, Two circles are new and the numbers for several circles have changed since I last reviewed them. The circles are still in beta and I’m assuming that the changes are due to either altered matching techniques or new testees (my initial circle post can be read on this page where more about the circles is explained). My current circles are:
- new—James Rampley (1803 Harford County, Maryland-1884 Hancock County, Illinois) and wife Elizabeth Chaney(1804 Bedford County, Pennsylvania–1883 Hancock County, Illinois)-3 members in each.
- Hinrich Jacobs Fecht (1823 Wiesens, Ostfriesland, Germany-1912 Hancock County, Illinois) and second wife Maria Gerdes Wilken (Bruns) Fecht (1831 Wiesens- before 1877 Hancock County)–4 for Hinrich and 7 for Maria.
- Christianna (DeMoss) Rampley (born in the early 1770s probably in Harford County, Maryland–19 members of this circle–6 more than before.
- Augusta Newman (died 1861 White County, Indiana)–8 members of the circle.
- Johann Luken Jurgens Ehmen Goldenstein (born 1814 Wrisse, Ostfriesland, Germany and his wife Tjade Anna Focken (Tammen) Goldenstein (born 1824 Buhren, Ostfriesland, Germany)–3 in both circles.
- Hinrich Janssen Ufkes (born 1797 Ostfriesland, Germany) and the circle for his wife Trientje Eilts (Post) Ufkes (born 1803 Wiesens, Ostfriesland, Germany). There are 9 in Hinrich’s circle (was 8) and 8 in Trientje’s circle (was 7).
- Riley Rampley (born 1835 Coshocton County, Ohio) and the circle for his wife Nancy Jane (Newman) Rampley (born 1846 Rush County, Indiana)–3 in both circles.
- Johann Friederichs Hinrichs Ufkes (born 1838 Wiesens, Ostfriesland, Germany) and the circle for his wife Noentje Lena (Grass) Ufkes (born 1848 Backemoor, Ostfriesland, Germany)–Johann’s circle as 4 and Noentje’s circle has 3.
One gets in circles due to the results of the DNA test and having a tree attached to the DNA results.
We’ll post more details about getting into the circles in an upcoming post–but for now, you have to have a tree and have done a DNA test at Ancestry.com