On 30 August I was in ten circles on AncestryDNA. I’ve been removed again from the circle for Riley and Nancy (Newman) Rampley. Interestingly enough I am in the circle for Riley’s grandmother, Christianna (DeMoss) Rampley, and the circle for Nancy’s grandfather, Augusta Newman.
I’m now in eight circles as of this writing:
- Christianna (DeMoss) Rampley (born in the early 1770s probably in Harford County, Maryland.
- Hinrich Janssen Ufkes (born 1797 Ostfriesland, Germany) and the circle for his wife Trientje Eilts (Post) Ufkes(born 1803 Wiesens, Ostfriesland, Germany)
Riley Rampley (born 1835 Coshocton County, Ohio) and the circle for his wife Nancy Jane (Newman) Rampley(born 1846 Rush County, Indiana)[I’ve been removed from this circle twice and put in it twice].
- Johann Friederichs Hinrichs Ufkes (born 1838 Wiesens, Ostfriesland, Germany)
- Johann Luken Jurgens Ehmen Goldenstein (born 1814 Wrisse, Ostfriesland, Germany and his wife Tjade Anna Focken (Tammen) Goldenstein (born 1824 Buhren, Ostfriesland, Germany)
- Augusta Newman (died 1861 White County, Indiana)
- Noentje Lena (Grass) Ufkes (born 1848 Backemoor, Ostfriesland, Germany).
The circles are in beta, but I’m confused as to why I’m in and out of the circle for Riley and Nancy. There are other descendants of Riley and Nancy on AncestryDNA and they have family trees attached to their submissions as do I.
As a reminder, the circles at AncestryDNA as of this point in time only include people who have trees associated with their DNA submission. The circles only go back six generations of ancestry from the submitter–no matter how far back your tree goes.
Next week I may be back in the Nancy and Riley circles. For now, I’m out.